Scholastic Education, Digital Solutions Webinar
Nov 8–8, 2018 in webinar
In this edWebinar with Dr. Elfrieda Hiebert, Lead Researcher and Author of W.O.R.D., learn:
- How words work and contribute toward building a child’s world of knowledge
- Why a small group of words matter and the importance of core vocabulary
- How phrases and compound words play an important role in reading proficiency
- How vocabulary networks differ between narrative and informational texts
- Best practices educators can use to support students’ core vocabulary development
For more information about the webinar, please visit the webinar info page at edWeb.net.
Hiebert, E.H. (November 8, 2018). Words Matter: How a Deep Understanding of Core Vocabulary Accelerates Reading Proficiency. Webinar presented through edWeb.net.